To Be or Not To Be...

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Christmas, she's a-comin'!

Yes, yes, it's been a long time since I've posted.  It hasn't exactly been a banner year, and this fall has been all about my GETTING MARRIED! (yay me!) But I'm actually doing really well on some projects and wanted to share, since... hey, being me, who knows when this will happen again?

Being a poor little mouse this year, I have endeavored to crochet my Christmas gifts.  Now, this may sound laughable considering I've never finished a crochet project in my life (though several were started).  But I think that perhaps I'm just not a "blanket" kind of crocheter.  That's a massive work.  However, I have made amazing headway on a scarf and a hat so far (in just 3 days!), and expect to finish them both within the next couple of days.  Also on my to-do list for gifts:

* 2 more hats for the hubby
* 2 hats for close family members
* 2 different sets of coasters (the idea came to me while crocheting the current hat, and I'm very excited about it!)
* some combination of a hat, gloves/mittens and/or scarf for someone else
* If I have the time, perhaps 2 more scarves for 

Now, obviously I can't go giving names, but I plan on taking pictures of the finished products to post after the holidays.  I also just had another idea for a friend who has been unwell... but that's for later. And since the husband's hats have to be done while he's in school, I only have a few hours in the morning to accomplish this.  However, that's ok with me since I kind of like to move back and forth between projects, anyway.  And this way, I feel like I'm getting more done (working on 2 instead of 1). I know it comes out the same, but finishing 2 around the same time? It's some kind of mind thing, and I'm ok with that.  I've got plenty to do in the next 4 weeks, but I think I'm up to the challenge, and I'm really rather looking forward to it.

Stay tuned for updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment